Rajiv Gandhi Government Engineering College (RGGEC), Kangra is a state government-funded engineering college located in Nagrota Bagwan, Himachal Pradesh, India. The college was set up in the year 2014 under the Himachal Pradesh Technical University, Hamirpur. The college is one of the four government colleges affiliated to the Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU), Hamirpur and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
The college campus is situated in the town of Nagrota Bagwan of Kangra District in Himachal Pradesh and is located on the banks of a Singh Ravine a distributary channel of Baner Ravine, surrounded by scenic hills of Kangra Valley. The distance to campus from Nagrota Bagwan bus terminus is 3 km and 2.5 km from Nagrota Railway Station. The institute is situated nearly 30 km away from Dharamshala Airport at Gaggal, with holy Chamunda Devi temple located at a distance of around 7 km from campus.
To become a world class institution to produce manpower with skills, creativity and passion dedicated to innovation and excellence with quest for continuous improvement.
To build a state-of-the-art institution to impart excellent quality higher education entrenched with human values in the field of Engineering & Technology and applied sciences to aspiring students who will strive continuously to improve the quality of life, creation of wealth and economic development of the country.
- To provide students with necessary skills and practical knowledge to fulfil their professional duties and responsibilities in team work, ethics, technical leadership, business and lifelong learning.
- To make the students to become true engineers and innovators to make substantial contributions to the society.
- To prepare the students to become successful engineers and managers to meet the global industrial requirements.
- To promote the spirit of entrepreneurship among the students and foster close interaction with industries.
- Student Focus : Meeting community and student needs by creating an educational environment and culture so that students can attain a variety of goals.
- Excellence : Maintain a high standard of integrity and performance leading to the achievement of academic and professional goals.
- Collaboration : Seeking input from all sectors of the college and the community.
- Diversity : Fostering a learning community in which the values, goals, and learning styles of all students are recognized and supported.
- Life – Long Learning : Serving enthusiastic, independent thinkers and learners striving for personal growth.
- Integrity : Behaving ethically in all interactions at all levels.
- Technological Advancement : Keeping pace with global technology trends and enhancing traditional instruction with technology to prepare students for success in the workplace.