Ragging is strictly prohibited. Ragging is a cognizable offense under the law, at par with rape and other atrocities against women and ill-treatment of any student. Anyone who indulges in this crime will be severely dealt with and an F.I.R will be lodged against the guilty as per the Supreme Court of India and MHRD directives. At the time of registration, students and their parents have given an undertaking that he/she will not indulge in the unlawful activity of ragging.
We request all the students to be watchful and help the administration in all possible ways, to root out ragging in all its forms. For any emergency, please contact the following:
|Sl. no.||Employee Name||Designation||Resposibility||Contact No.|
|2||Prof P P Sharma||HOD(ECE/EE)||Member||9418019455|
|3||Sh Harsh Kumar||HOD/OIC (Applied Science and Humanities)||Member Secretary||9459644380|
|4||Mr. Mahesh Kumar||AP-Civil Engineering||Member||9418532792|
|5||Ms Anjali Sharma||AP-English||Member||7807023567|
|6||Mr. Kuldip Chand Parmar||Junior Office Assistant (IT) /JOA (IT)||Member||9459072434|
|7||Ms Meenakshi Shurti Pal||AP-CSE||Member||8219482836|
|8||BMO, Nagrota Bagwan||BMO||External Member||01892-251294|
|9||DSP, Kangra or his/her nominee||DSP||External Member||01892-263541/ 01892-252441|
|10||Tehsildar Nagrota Bagwan||Tehsildar||External Member||01892-249600|
|11||Sh K.C. Bhandari(Retd)||Naval Officer||External Member||9418187778|
|12||Ms Himandri Devi Soni||Retd Teacher||External Member||9418105288|
|13||Mr.Puneet Khosla||External Member||9882024024|
|14||Mr.Navneet Kumar Sharma||Editor Dainik Jagran||External Member||8429020614|
Punishable Ingredients of Ragging
- Abetment to ragging.
- Criminal conspiracy to rag.
- Unlawful assembly and rioting while ragging.
- Violation of decency and morals through ragging.
- Injury to the body, causing hurt or grievous hurt.
- Wrongful restraint.
- Wrongful confinement.
- Use of criminal force.
- Assault, as well as sexual offences or unnatural offences.
- Extortion, criminal trespass.
- Offences against the property.
- Criminal intimidation.
- Attempt to commit any or all of the mentioned
offences against the victims(s).
- Physical or psychological humiliation.
- Suspension from attending classes & academic privileges.
- Withholding/ withdrawing scholarships/fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation processes.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the Institute in any regional, national or international meet, tournament youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/ expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the Institution for a period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters.
- Expulsion from the Institutional and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specific period.
- Fine ranging between Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 1 Lakh.
- An F.I.R will be lodged against the culprit(s) as per the Supreme Court of India & MHRD directives.